Thursday, April 23, 2009

Why I'm Running

Olympia is my home and public service is my passion. I was raised in a family that believed strongly in community involvement. At an early age, I learned the importance of taking an active role in shaping the community in which I live. My belief is public first, and my goal is to get things done.

Leading our community is quite a task, and I feel that I have much to offer: energy, passion, skills, experience, direction, and commitment. I will work hard for you, and more importantly, I will listen.

Good Leadership

Good leadership begins with reaching out to the community and collectively deciding what is most important to us. Once we know our priorities and what we value most, we know our goals. From there, we can plan, and we can do.

Values

This is truly an incredible community. We care about family, each other, and our quality of life. We believe in responsible government and civic participation. Most of all, we back up our words through action. I have every faith in our community, and am confident that we will achieve our goals while respecting our values.

What I Can Promise You

I will work hard for you, and I will listen. I will try my best to keep an open mind, and to be respectful of people whose opinions are different than mine. Most importantly, I will always remember that Olympia belongs to all of us, not just to some.

No comments:

Post a Comment